- 16 oz pizza dough (see first recipe)
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella (sliced 1/4 inch)
- 2 oz pizza sauce (see second recipe)
- 1 T fresh basil (torn) to taste
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat to 450°F 30/70 for 30 minutes to get the pizza stone hot.
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 30 minutes
Roll dough into a 11-inch circle on a floured surface; pierce entire surface with a fork.
- Brush with olive oil top evenly with spoon tomato sauce, arrange fresh mozzarella, strewn with fresh basil.
- Carefully Arrange dough on pizza stone. Bake at 400°F for 14 to 15 minutes or until crust is browned and crisp. season with salt and pepper. Cut into 8 slices. Serve.