Pepper Cheese Sauce
Sauces, Jams & Condiments
1 qt servings
¼ c butter
- 1 onion, small dice
5 jalapeño peppers, small dice
¼ c flour
- 2 c whole milk
- 1 t paprika
- 1 c pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add butter. When butter is melted, add onion and jalapeño peppers. Sauté until onion is translucent, then add flour and stir to make a roux. Cook until roux is golden in color, about 5 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk. Whisk until smooth then add paprika and cheese, continually whisking until cheese is melted.
- Close and lock the lid. Set the pressure cooker to "soup", adjust the time for 7 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, do a quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening the lid.
- Carefully open the lid and check the sauce for seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.