Peanut Butter Cornflake Bars
makes 16 bars
- 4 tablespoons light margarine
- 4 cups (about 40 pieces) marshmallow
⅓ cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups corn flakes
- ¼ cup mini-chocolate chips
- Melt margarine in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat (275 degrees).
- Add marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly, until melted (about 7 minutes).
- Stir in peanut butter until smooth.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in cornflakes and chocolate chips.
- Pour into baking dish (8x8-inch silicone baking pan) or spray regular pan with non-stick spray.
- Press the mixture flat with a sheet of wax paper. Cool 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack and cool for an additional 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 16 bars.
Calories 143, Fat 6 grams, Saturated Fat 1 grams, Cholesterol 0 milligrams, Sodium 176 milligrams, Carbs 22 grams, Fiber 1 grams, Protein 2 grams