Parmesan Chicken & Rice
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
¾ lb chicken breast, 1-inch cubes
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
½ c white onion, small dice
- 1 T garlic, minced
½ c dry white wine
- 2 c white rice, uncooked
- 2 c chicken stock
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, sliced
½ c Parmesan cheese, grated
¼ c fresh parsley, chopped
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, adjust time to 15 minutes and press "start/stop". When hot, season chicken with salt and pepper and add to pressure cooker. Sear chicken on all sides. Add onions, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms. Sauté for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add wine. Cook until most of wine evaporates.
- Add rice and chicken stock and close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "rice", adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open and fluff rice with a fork. Add cheese and parsley and stir. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Spoon into serving bowls and serve.