Paleo Avocado & Chicken Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c scallions, thin sliced, divided
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
½ t ground cumin
½ t chipotle chili powder
- 6 c chicken stock
- 2 c shredded chicken
- 2 avocados, small and ripe, cubed
½ c cilantro, finely chopped
- Lime wedges (garnish)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press "start/stop".
When hot, add garlic and 1-½c scallions. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, and chili powder. Cook for 2 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
- Add stock and shredded chicken.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid, check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Divide remaining scallions and add equal amount to each serving. Equally portion out avocado and cilantro to each bowl. Fill each bowl with soup and top with a lime wedge. Serve hot.