- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 loaf challah or brioche bread, cut 1-inch thick slices
- ¼ stick unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, and milk.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg, then whisk to combine.
- Layer bread slices in a shallow baking dish and pour over egg mixture. Let stand 2-3 minutes or until bread begins to absorb. Turn read and let bread absorb on the opposite side for 2-3 minutes more.
- Set Skillet to 300ºF and add butter and let melt.
- Add 6 slices of bread to skillet and cook until golden and crisp.
- Flip and cook until brown on the opposite side.
- Serve immediately.
Serve with powdered sugar, syrup, fresh fruit and bacon if desired.