Oven-Braised Chickpeas and Merguez with Yogurt and Mint
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. merguez sausage cut into 5-inch lengths
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ½ t ground cumin
- 2-oz cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- sea salt to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste
⅓ c chicken stock
- ½ c plain yogurt
- 2 T finely shredded mint leaves
- Preheat the Bravo to 400°F. Add olive oil into the baking pan and add sausage. Broil, turning occasionally until browned all over, about 5 min. Transfer the merguez to a plate.
- Add red onion, garlic, and cumin to pan. Cook until the onions are soft, about 3 min.
- Stir in chickpeas and season with salt and pepper. Return sausage and any juices to pan. Add chicken stock. Lower Bravo to 300°F. Cook for 15 minutes until merguez is cooked through.
- Spoon chickpeas into shallow bowls and top with the merguez sausage. Spoon yogurt over the top, sprinkle with shredded mint, and serve.