Orecchiette with Sausage and Roasted Peppers
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings and sliced
- 2 medium red bell peppers, core and seeds removed and sliced
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, core and seeds removed and sliced
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- Heat medium sauté pan on Medium-High (375°F).
- Season peppers with salt and pepper and transfer to pan.
- Add sausage and sauté for 7-10 minutes, set aside.
- Boil large pot of water on Max/Sear and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, reserving ½ cup water.
- Transfer cooked sausage and peppers to bowl and add pasta, butter, reserved pasta water and parmesan.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- If you don’t have orecchiette, any short pasta can be used.
- If you have 2 PICs, you can sauté the sausage and peppers separately. If you have 1 PIC, they can be sautéed together. Just make sure not to crowd the pan.
- Freshly roasted peppers give this hearty pasta a smoky taste, but if you can also use jarred peppers instead.