N.Y. Strip Steak, Mashed Potatoes & Asparagus
- 2 (12-oz) frozen New York strip steaks, each 1½ inches thick
- 5 Russet potatoes, peeled, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ½ c water
- ¼ c butter, divided
½ c heavy cream
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
1 T sea salt plus 2 t, divided
- 3 t fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- Place potatoes and water into the pot. Place the reversible rack in the pot over potatoes, making sure rack is in the higher position. Season steaks with 1T salt and 1t pepper and place on the rack.
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOK”. “pressure cook” will be displayed. Press “PRESSURE” and select high. Press “TIME” and set for 1 minute. Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature for 400°F. Press “TIME” and set for 5 minutes. Now the recipe is set and ready to cook.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking.
- While cooking, toss asparagus with olive oil, 1t salt, and 1t black pepper.
- When done, quick release the pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position. Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Remove rack with steaks from pot and pat steaks dry with paper towels. Keep steaks on rack.
Mash potatoes with ¼ c butter, heavy cream, cheese, 1t salt, and 1t pepper. Use a mashing utensil that won’t scratch the nonstick surface of the pot.
- Return rack with steaks to pot over mashed potatoes. Place asparagus on rack next to steaks. Place on Duet Air Fryer Lid. Press “START/PAUSE” to begin cooking for 5-6 min. for medium-rare steak.
- When done, remove steaks from rack and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes and asparagus.