Mustard Greens with Pork Hamhocks
- 2 pounds mixed greens, divided (collard greens, mustard greens and kale)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (½-pound) smoked hamhock
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Wash all greens to remove sand.
- Roughly chop greens into large pieces.
- In NuWave Pressure Cooker, heat oil on Medium-High (375 degrees).
- Add 1 pound greens and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add smoked hamhock.
- Pour in broth and add remaining greens.
- Cover and lock in push plate.
- Turn pressure regulator to 2 for high pressure.
- Once pressure has built, lower temperature to Medium-Low (175 degrees) and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Once cooking time is complete, release steam by moving pressure regulator to steam release position.
- Unlock push plate.
- Remove pork and slice meat for garnish.
- Stems are edible. You can include them in this recipe or remove before chopping.
- Scraps from greens are great for composts.
- Add onion and garlic for extra flavor.
- Greens will fill Pressure Cooker. Don’t worry; they will reduce down while cooking.
- Serve with vinegar to change flavor profile.