- 1qt chicken or vegetable stock
- 1oz dried porcini mushrooms
1½lbs mixed mushrooms, trimmed, sliced thin, stems reserved
- 4T extra-virgin olive oil
- 4T unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium cloves garlic, finely minced
1½c risotto rice (Arborio)
- 1t Worcestershire sauce
¾c dry white wine
¼c heavy cream
- 1oz Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated fine, plus more for serving
- Handful finely minced mixed herbs: parsley, chervil, tarragon, and/or chives
- Pour chicken or vegetable stock and dried mushrooms in a microwave-safe bowl. Set in the microwave on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from stock. Give mushrooms a rough chop. Reserve the stock left in the bowl.
- In the pressure cooker, set to "sear" and adjust for 8 minutes.
- Add olive oil and fresh mushrooms, season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Stir occasionally and cook until mushrooms are browned.
- Add onions, garlic, and porcini mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently until onions are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice and stir until rice is evenly coated with oil and toasted but not browned, about 3-4 min.
- Add wine and cook until the alcohol has evaporated, about 2 min.
- Pour stock from microwave-safe bowl into the pressure cooker pot. Add Worcestershire sauce. Ensure all ingredients are submerged in cooker.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "steam/veggies" for 5 minutes.
- When done, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and stir to combine any remaining liquid.
- Stir in heavy cream, cheese, butter and herbs. If risotto is too soupy, cook a few minutes longer. If it's too thick, add a little hot water.
- Season to taste with salt and fresh ground pepper, sprinkle with freshly grated cheese, and serve.