Mushroom & Orzo Soup
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
¾ c shallots, sliced
¼ c garlic, minced
1-¼ c celery, sliced
- 2 c cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 c orzo pasta, dry
- 8 c vegetable stock
- 4 c spinach, rough chop
½ t sea salt
½ t freshly ground black pepper
- Basil pesto (for garnish)
- Set to "sear" and add oil. When hot, add shallots, garlic, celery, and salt. Cook until golden brown. Add mushrooms, orzo pasta, and vegetable stock.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 3 minutes.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and stir in spinach. Season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Garnish soup with basil pesto.