- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
½ white onion, quartered
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c rice, uncooked
½ c carrots and peas (can be frozen)
- 2 T cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 T chicken base or 1 bouillon cube
1-¼ c chicken stock
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
In a blender or food processor, add tomatoes, garlic, and onion. Blend until smooth; set aside.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and adjust time to 10 minutes. Add oil and press "start/stop". When hot, add rice and cook until lightly brown. Add blender contents and cook at least 3 minutes. Add carrots, peas, cilantro, chicken base, and chicken stock.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "rice", adjust time to 5 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid. Carefully open lid and fluff rice with fork. Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.