- 2½c “00” pizza flour
- 1t sugar
- ½t active dry yeast
- ½t sea salt
- ½c warm water
- 1T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1c sun-dried tomatoes
- ½c tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3T grated Parmesan cheese
- 8oz. fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 6 basil leaves
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, yeast, and salt.
- Add warm water and oil to the dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Scrape the dough onto a floured surface and knead the dough until it becomes tacky.
- Place the dough back into the bowl, cover, and set it in a warm place.
- Allow the dough to rise for about 90 minutes, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Once the dough has doubled, place it on a floured surface and roll it out into a round shape.
- Open the oven Door. Place the Griddle onto the Grill/Griddle Rack and place that into Position 2.
- Press Menu then turn the Select dial to Menu Preset 86. Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating to Bake Pizza (400˚F with 30% Rear Heat, 0% Top Heat, 70% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 3).
- Brush olive oil onto the dough, and then spread the tomato sauce on top. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, Mozzarella cheese, and basil onto the pizza and then top it with sun-dried tomatoes.
- Once the oven has preheated, it will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds, and then beep once to give you time to insert your food. Open the oven Door and pull out the Griddle. Place the Pizza onto the Griddle and slide it back into the oven. Close the oven Door to begin Baking Pizza for 6 minutes, after which oven will beep three times.
- Open the oven Door and, using the Pizza Peel*, rotate the pizza so it browns evenly. Close the oven Door to resume cooking for another 6 minutes.
- After the oven is finished, it will beep 3 times and display “END”.
- Move the pizza to a cutting board with the Pizza Peel* and let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Cut the pizza into 4 pieces with Pizza Server/Cutter* and serve.