Mac and Cheese with Bacon
- 8 ounces sliced bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 pounds cooked cavatapi (12 ounces dried pasta)
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups toasted Japanese style breadcrumbs
- Set Skillet to 375ºF, add bacon and cook until crispy.
- Take out bacon and place on paper towels.
- Set Skillet to 275ºF and add butter and flour and stir until well combined.
- Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook for 8 minutes, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Add cheese, garlic, and salt and stir to combine.
- Fold in cooked noodles and bacon, then cover with lid.
- Cook at 275ºF for 5 minutes.
- Top with toasted breadcrumbs and serve.
- To cook the noodles with ease, place 4-quarts of cold water and 1 pound of pasta to Skillet and set to 420ºF to bring to a boil. Cook for 18 minutes with lid. Stir and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- To toast breadcrumbs, set Skillet to 275ºF, add 1 tablespoon butter, then mix breadcrumbs and stir continuously until evenly browned.