Louisiana Burger Sliders
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup whole-grain mustard
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 3 gherkins, finely diced
- 2 scallions, finely diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1½ pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 thin slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slider buns, split and lightly toasted
- 8 sliced red onion
- 8 slices tasso ham, griddled until golden brown
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
Remoulade Sauce Ingredients
- In small bowl, whisk together all remoulade sauce ingredients and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover sauce and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- In small bowl, combine first 7 burger ingredients and mix well, set aside.
- Form ground beef into 8 uniform slider-size patties, making indentation in center with your thumb.
- Rub spice mixture into 1 side of each patty.
- Heat oil in Grill Pan on High (425°F) until smoking.
- Lower PIC to Medium (275°F) and place burgers in pan, spiced side down, and season tops with salt and pepper.
- Cook burgers for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place cheese on each burger and cover pan to melt.
- Assemble burgers on buns and top with remoulade sauce, onions, ham and hot sauce.