Loaded Grilled Sausages with Peppers and Mushrooms & Warm Potato Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 small white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, small diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, small diced
- 2 pork sausages, slice lengthwise
- ¼ cup colby-jack cheese, shredded
- 2 sausage buns
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2½ pounds red potatoes, diced into 1-inch cubes, par cooked
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 bacon slices, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup freshly chopped dill leaves, plus extra for garnish
Potato Salad Ingredients
- Heat Grill Pan on Medium (275°F) for up to 1 minute and add oil to pan.
- While pan heats up, butterfly sausages lengthwise.
- Add sausages to pan, cover with lid and cook for 6 minutes.
- Add vegetables to pan, flip sausage and cook for additional 6 minutes.
- Using tongs, place vegetables in sausage openings.
- Top sausages with shredded cheese, cover pan and cook for about 1 minute, until cheese melts.
- Remove lid and open sausage casings using tongs.
- Place grilled vegetables inside each sausage opening and cover with shredded cheese.
- Replace lid and cook sausage for 1 minute, or until cheese melts.
- Remove lid and transfer stuffed sausages to buns and enjoy.
Potato Salad Directions
- Add vinegar, mustard and sugar to small NuWave Twister Cup and pulse, using flat blade, until emulsified, set aside.
- Add bacon to 5.5-quart pot or sauté pan and cook on Medium-High (375°F) for 1-2 minutes.
- Lower PIC to Medium (275°F) and cook bacon for about 6 minutes, until crisp.
- Add onions, dash of pepper and garlic to pot and sauté for about 3 minutes, until tender
- Add vinaigrette to pot and cook for 2-3 minutes, until reduced and thickened.
- Add potatoes and dill to pot and cook until heated through.
- Season potatoes to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potato salad to serving platter and garnish with remaining dill.