- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c onion, small dice
½ c carrots, small dice
½ c celery, small dice
- 2 t sea salt
- 1 lb lentils, dry, picked & rinsed
- 1 c tomato, peeled, large dice
- 2 qt chicken stock
½ t coriander, ground
½ t cumin, ground
½ t grains of paradise
- Parsley, fine chop (garnish)
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add oil.
- Once hot, add onion, carrot, celery, and salt. Sweat vegetables for 6 minutes.
- Add lentils, tomato, stock, coriander, cumin, and grains of paradise.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 25 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and use a stick blender (immersion blender) to puree soup to desired consistency.
- Ladle into serving dishes and enjoy.