- 1 chicken, whole, skin on, 5 lbs.
- 1 lemon
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2T extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Gather all of the ingredients needed for the Lemon-Thyme Chicken recipe.
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towels. Tie up (truss) the chicken with kitchen twine. Rub the chicken with lemon and squeeze the rest of the juice into the cavity.
- Place the lemon and thyme inside the cavity of the chicken. Rub the chicken with olive oil and season it with salt and pepper. Let the chicken sit at room temperature for 45 minutes before cooking.
- Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial to select Menu Preset 28.
- Press START/ PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- Position the chicken in the Air Fry Basket, place it into the unit in Position 1, and insert the Probe. Place the Baking and Drip Pan in the bottom of the unit. Close the door to begin Stage 1 (350˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F), after which the unit will beep once and move onto Stage 2 (325˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 155˚F), after which the unit will double beep 3 times.
- Remove the chicken from the unit and tent it with foil, leaving the Probe in to monitor carryover cooking to 165˚F. When the temperature reaches that, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.
- Carve and serve!