Lamb Burgers with Mint Sauce
- 1½ lbs ground lamb
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- 2 t sugar
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 2 T hot water
- ½ c mint leaves, minced, plus extra whole mint leaves (for garnish)
- 4 Kaiser rolls
- 4 large Boston lettuce leaves
- Preheat Bravo and set to broil at 500°F (TOP only) .
- Form ground lamb into individual 6-oz. patties. Spray both sides of patties and season with salt and pepper.
Place in baking pan. Insert Probe and set to 120°F for medium-rare. Place on cooking rack in position 4.
Set to broil at 500°F (TOP only) for 3 min. Flip, and broil for an additional 3-4 min until an internal temperature of 120°F is reached for medium-rare.
In a bowl, stir sugar, vinegar, and 2T hot water until sugar dissolves. Add minced mint leaves. Leave in bowl; set aside.
- If toasting rolls, open each and spray insides of halves with cooking spray. Place on cooking rack in position 2 and set to broil for 2 min., TOP only, until golden brown.
- Serve lamb burgers on rolls, topped with mint sauce. Garnish with lettuce and whole mint leaves.