Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2 T canola oil
½ onion, peeled, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1 c basmati rice
½ c kimchi, chopped
¾ c frozen peas and carrots
1½ c chicken stock
- 2 T soy sauce
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 scallions, green parts only, chopped (for garnish)
- 2 t Sriracha sauce for serving with, or on top (optional)
Press "PRESSURE COOK" then press "SEAR" and use default temp of 275°F. Add oil. Turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust time to 8 min. Press "START/PAUSE" and preheat for 5 min.
- After 5 min. of preheat time, add onions and garlic to the pot. Sauté for 2-3 min. Add rice, kimchi, frozen vegetables, stock, and soy sauce.
Place on Pressure Cooker Lid. Ensure the Pressure Release Switch/ Valve is in the "CLOSE" position. Select "PRESSURE COOK" and use default pressure "HIGH". Turn "START/PAUSE" dial to set time to 4 min. Press "START/PAUSE" to pressure-cook.
When done, allow pressure to natural release for 10 min. After 10 min., quick release remaining pressure by moving the Pressure Release Switch/Valve to the "OPEN" position.
- After all pressure/steam has been released, carefully remove lid.
Press "SEAR" again and turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust temp to 275°F. Press "START/PAUSE" to start. Fluff rice with a fork and then push rice to one side of the pot with a wooden spoon. Pour eggs into the pot on the other side. Stir eggs until they begin to scramble.
Stir to incorporate with rice. Press "CANCEL" to end.
Place on Air Fryer Lid. Press "AIR FRY" and turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust to 400°F. Press "TIME" and turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust to 6 min. After 3 min., remove Air Fryer Lid and stir rice. Return Lid to Duet to resume cooking.
- When done, remove Lid and top with scallions and add Sriracha, if desired, before serving.