Key Lime Cupcakes
- 2½ c all-purpose flour
- 2 c sugar, granulated
- 3 t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- 1 c milk
- ½ c vegetable oil
- 1T vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 c lime juice
- 1 c butter
- 6 c powdered sugar
- 6 T lime juice
- 2 t lime zest
- 1 drop green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a large mixing bowl, Combine; set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, and eggs.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Beat until well combined. Slowly adding lime juice, mix on low speed until well combined. Scrape down sides of the bowl as needed to make sure everything is combined.
Fill Silicone Cupcake Liners about halfway and bake for 12-15 min. (with or without tray). When done, toothpick placed in center of cupcake will come out with a few dry crumbs.
Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 2 min. Remove from Liners and transfer to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Cream butter in a large bowl. Add lime juice and food coloring.
- Add powdered sugar 1c at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Add lime zest and whip until distributed well.
When cupcakes have completely cooled, top each with frosting.