- 1 lb beef oxtail, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t minced fresh ginger root
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, chopped
½ t sea salt
1 t freshly ground black pepper
2 T vegetable oil
1½ c water
1 c canned fava beans, drained
1 t whole allspice berries
1 T cornstarch
2 T water
- Set to “SEAR” and add onions, green onions, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, thyme, sea salt, and fresh ground pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place oxtail in skillet and brown all over, about 10 minutes.
Place oxtail into pressure cooker and pour in 1½ c of water.
Close lid and lock. Set to "meat/stew" and adjust for 25 minutes.
When done, quick release until all pressure is released. Open and add fava beans and allspice berries. Bring up to a simmer.
In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in the 2T of the water and add to cooker.
Stir. Close lid and lock. Set cooker to "meat/stew" and adjust for 35 minutes.
When done, quick release until all pressure is released. Open. Cook and stir a few minutes longer until sauce has thickened and beans are tender.