Hot & Sour Soup
- 6 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 1 T soy sauce
½ c bamboo shoots, julienne
¼-lb pork cutlet, boneless, fat trimmed, ½-inch strips
¾ c firm tofu, julienne
- 4 T white vinegar
- 3 T cornstarch mixed with 4 T cold water
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Sesame oil
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
Hydrate shiitake mushrooms in hot water for 15 minutes. When done, remove mushrooms and slice. Reserve liquid; set aside.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear" and press "start/stop". Add chicken stock and soy sauce. Bring up to a simmer.
- Add bamboo shoots, reserved sliced mushrooms, and pork.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "soup", adjust time to 2 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and add tofu and vinegar.
- Set pressure cooker to "sear", adjust time to 15 minutes, and press "start/stop". Bring to a simmer and add cornstarch-cold water mixture. Continue mixing until soup thickens.
- Turn off pressure cooker by pressing "start/stop". Check seasoning and add salt and pepper, if needed. Gently stir in egg.
- Serve soup in bowls and garnish with sesame oil and scallions.