Hot Pepper Jelly
Sauces, Jams & Condiments
2-½ c red bell peppers, seeded, small dice
1-¼ c green bell peppers, seeded, small dice
¼ c jalapeño peppers, small dice
- 1 c apple cider vinegar
1 (1-¾-oz) pkg. pectin, powdered
- 5 c white sugar
In a large saucepan over high heat, add bell peppers and jalapeño. Mix in vinegar and pectin. Stir constantly and bring mixture to a full boil.
- Stir in sugar and bring back down to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and skim off any foam.
- Ladle sauce into canning jars, leaving 1 inch from the top. Make sure rims are clean. If necessary, clean with a damp cloth.
- Place lids on jars and close tight.
Place rack in bottom of pressure cooker. Place jars on the rack. Pour hot water over jars and into inner pot until water reaches ¼ of way up the sides of jars.
- Set pressure cooker to "canning", adjust time to 10 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, natural release for 20 minutes, then do a quick release to make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Open. Using canning tongs, carefully remove hot jars and place on a heat-resistant surface. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- When jars have completely cooled, remove the screw bands. Lids should be tightly sealed to the jar, and when pressed in the center, they should NOT have any "give" or springing motion. If they do, reprocess immediately.