Hot Apple Walnut Cobbler
- 4 c (24 oz) Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 c walnuts, chopped
Juice of 2 lemons (about ⅓ c juice)
- Zest of 1 lemon
⅔ c sugar, plus extra to taste
5 T cornstarch
1 T ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 c water
1½ c flour
1 c light brown sugar, packed
1 T ground cinnamon
- ¼ t fine-grain sea salt
⅔ c unsalted butter, melted
1 ½ t vanilla extract
Vanilla ice cream (for serving)
- In a bowl, mix apples and walnuts. Place mixture into 8-inch baking pan. In a separate bowl, stir together lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, cornstarch, and 1t cinnamon. Pour over the apple and walnut mixture and stir gently. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place pan on reversible rack, making sure rack is in the lower position. Pour water into the pot and add rack with pan to the pot.
- Program the Duet for combo cooking: Press “COMBO COOK”. “pressure cook” will be displayed. Press “PRESSURE” and select high. Press “TIME” and set for 7 minutes. Press “COMBO COOK” a second time. “air fry” will be displayed. Set temperature to 400°F. Press “TIME” and set for 10 minutes. Now the recipe is set and ready to cook.
- Place on Duet Pressure Cooking Lid. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the “CLOSE” position.
- Press “START/PAUSE” to begin pressure cooking.
While cooking, make the topping by stirring together the flour, brown sugar, 1T cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Add melted butter and vanilla. Stir to combine. Mix until the butter is well incorporated. Mixture will come together in lumps or balls and will have a crumbly texture; set aside.
- When done, allow pressure to natural release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position. Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
- Carefully stir the fruit mixture. Allow to rest in the pot for 10 to 15 minutes to thicken. After 10 minutes, evenly spread topping over the fruit mixture.
- Place on Duet Air Fryer Lid. Press “START/PAUSE” to cook for 10 minutes.
- When done, remove Air Fryer Lid. Allow to cool slightly. Serve cobbler with vanilla ice cream.