Hoppin' John (Black-eyed Peas)
- 1 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 red bell pepper, small dice
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
1-½ c black-eyed peas, dried
- 3 c chicken stock
- 1 T Tabasco sauce
- 2 ham hocks
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- cornbread (optional)
Set pressure cooker to "sear", add oil, and press start/stop. When oil is hot, add onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add peas, chicken stock, Tabasco sauce, and ham hocks.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "beans", and adjust time to 5 minutes. Press start/stop.
- When done, allow pressure cooker to naturally release pressure for 25 minutes then do a quick release. Make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and check seasoning. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Ladle over rice and serve with cornbread.