Honey-Glazed Carrots with Almonds
- 1 lb baby carrots, washed, peeled
- 1 c water
- 2 T butter
- 1 t dried dill
- 1 t dried thyme
- ½ c honey
- ½ c slivered almonds
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In the pressure cooker, place rack on bottom. Set carrots on top of rack. Pour in water. Place on Duet Pressure Cooker Lid. Press “PRESSURE COOK”. Press “PROG” and use “START/ PAUSE” dial to set to “Steam” and adjust for 3 minutes.
- When done, quick release remaining pressure by moving the pressure release valve to the “OPEN” position.
- Carefully remove Pressure Cooker Lid when Duet has finished releasing all pressure.
Open and take out carrots; set aside. Remove rack. Discard any liquid and wipe the pot clean.
- Set to “SEAR” and add butter. When melted, add dill and thyme and cook for 30 seconds or until very fragrant.
- Add carrots, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, almonds, and honey. Sauté until well coated, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
Serve with chicken or fish.