- 1/2 gal milk, (1c, separated, after warming)
- 2 T prepared yogurt with cultures
Pour milk in Inner Pot. Press "PRESSURE COOK" then press "SEAR" and set for 20 min. Press "TEMP" and turn "START/PAUSE" to adjust temp to 180°F. Use a hand-held thermometer (liquid) to monitor temperature. Press "START/PAUSE" to start.
Once the temperature reaches 180°F, press "CANCEL" to turn the "DUET" off. Let stand in Inner Pot for 5 min.
- Remove Pot from Duet. Allow the milk to cool in Pot to 110°F-115°F. (This may take 1 hour on countertop or 15 min. if placed into an ice water bath.)
In a separate bowl, add prepared yogurt. Whisk with 1c warm milk from the Inner Pot. Pour into the milk in the Inner Pot and stir. Place Pot (dry Pot off well if ice bath was used) in Duet. Place on Slow Cook Lid and press "PRESSURE COOK". Press "TEMP" and turn "START/PAUSE" dial to adjust to 110°F. Press "TIME" and turn "START/PAUSE" to adjust to 8 hrs.
- When the yogurt is done, remove and store in glass jars or a large plastic container in fridge. For making Greek Yogurt, remove from Pot and strain in a fine mesh strainer and cheesecloth overnight.
- Store yogurt in glass jars for 7 days. The whey can be bottled and enjoyed.