Homemade Vegetable Soup
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, small dice
- 3 carrots, peeled, small dice
- 3 celery stalks, small dice
- 10 green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
¼ head green cabbage, small dice
- 2 potatoes, small dice
- 1T parsley, fine chop
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1t oregano
- 4c chicken or beef stock
- 1 (24-oz) can, whole, peeled tomatoes, roughly chopped Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Set to "sear" and add oil, carrots, and celery.
Add onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Close lid and lock. Set to "soup" and adjust for 25 minutes.
- When done, natural release for 35 minutes. Afterward, quick release until all pressure is released.
- Open and remove bay leaf and sprigs. Add sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste. Stir soup and serve.