Soups & Stews
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups cut up andouille sausage
- 1 (2-3-pound) chicken, cut into small parts
- 2½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ teaspoons Louisiana hot sauce
- 2½ teaspoons sea salt
- 4 cups white wine
- ½ teaspoon filé powder
- Set Skillet to 275ºF and add oil and flour. Stir the mixture constantly for 10-12 minutes or until dark brown in color.
- Add onion and continue cooking until onion is translucent. Next, add garlic along with the water stirring constantly.
- Mix in Worcestershire and hot sauce, followed by the andouille sausage.
- Place in chicken, followed by the wine and salt. Mix together and cover with lid.
- Let simmer for 1½ hours or until chicken has reached 165ºF.
Serve with rice and filé powder.