Grilled Teriyaki Hamburgers
- 1lb. ground sirloin, 90% lean
- 2oz. Teriyaki sauce
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
- Tomato slices (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray, as needed
- Gather all of the ingredients needed for the Grilled Teriyaki Hamburger recipe.
- Form and season the patties. Place the Grill in the Grill/Griddle Rack in Position 3. Press Menu, turn the Select dial to one of these Menu Presets: • 51- Rare • 52- Medium Rare • 53- Medium • 54- Medium Well • 55- Well
- Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating Stage 1 (Grill at 450˚F with 20% Rear Heat, 80% Top Heat, 0% Bottom Heat, and Fan Speed 3). Once preheated, the oven will beep twice, display “Ready”, hold for 10 sec., and beep once to let you insert your food.
- Open the oven Door and pull the Grill out. Spray the Grill with non-stick cooking spray, then lightly brush 1oz. of teriyaki sauce on each burger top and bottom before lightly spraying them with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Place the burgers on the Grill and insert the Probe into the middle of one of them. Brush leftover teriyaki sauce on the burgers. Then, slide everything back into the oven to begin Stage 1, cooking to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F.
- After Stage 1, the oven will then beep once and begin Stage 2 (Grill at 325˚F) to a internal Probe Temperature of: • Rare 110˚F • Medium Rare 115˚F • Medium 120˚F • Medium Well 130˚F • Well 155˚F
- Remove the burgers, leaving the Probe in to monitor carryover cooking to: • Rare - 120°F • Medium Rare - 130˚F • Medium -135˚F • Medium Well - 145˚F • Well - 165˚F
- When the carryover target temperature is reached, the oven will beep 3 times and display “END” Place your burgers on the toasted buns and serve them with lettuce and tomato slices (optional).