Grilled Spice-Rubbed Pork Chops
- 2 pork chops, 8oz. Each
- 2T Sea salt
- ½c brown sugar
- 1T smoke paprika
- 1T dark chili powder
- ½T freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray, as needed
Spice Rub Mixture
- Place the plug-in Grill into the unit in Position 1.
Press Menu and use the START/PAUSE dial arrows to select Menu Preset:
• Medium Well - 70 • Well - 71
- Press START/PAUSE to begin preheating. Once preheated, the unit will beep twice, display “Ready”, countdown for 10 seconds and then beep once to give you time to insert your food.
- While preheating, combine the spice mixture ingredients in a bowl. Spray each chop with cooking spray and then season with the spice rub.
- Open the door. Spray the plug-in Grill with cooking spray and place the chops on the hot plug-in Grill. Insert the Probe into one of the chops.
- Close the door to begin Stage 1 (450˚F to an internal Probe temperature of 80˚F).
The unit will then beep 3 times, alerting you to flip the chops, and then move on to Stage 2, which is 450˚F to the desired internal Probe temperature of:
• Medium Well - 135˚F • Well - 155˚F
After Stage 2, the unit will beep twice. Remove the chops, leaving in the Probe to monitor carryover cooking to:
• Medium Well - 145˚F • Well - 165˚F
- When the carryover target temperature is reached, the unit will beep three times and display “End”.