Grilled Marinated Skirt Steak with Chimichurri
- 2 (10-oz) outer skirt steaks
- Sea salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray as needed
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 lime, quartered
- 2 t fresh chives (Batonnet)
- 1 c fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley
- ½ c extra-virgin olive oil
⅓ c red wine vinegar
- ¼ c fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¾ t crushed red pepper
- ½ t ground cumin
- ½ t sea salt
Chimichurri Sauce (Makes 1 cup)
- For Chimichurri, puree all ingredients in food processor. Transfer to bowl.
- Brush skirt steaks with half Chimichurri and marinate for 30 minutes.
Season the steaks with salt and pepper. Spray grill with cooking spray and place skirt steaks on grill. Cook at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Remove and let rest.
Place peppers in round roasting pan. Dry-roast the peppers at 400°F 50/50 until completely charred. Remove and cool.
- Once cooled, using a wet towel, remove blistered skins. Slice.
To plate, place skirt steak on wooded serving trays strewn with red pepper sand chives, add bowl of Chimichurri on side, and two lime wedges. Serve.