Grilled Chorizo Burger with Avocado Fried Eggs and Spicy Mayo
- 1 lb chorizo, casings removed
- ½ lb ground beef
- 1 t ground cumin
- ½ t ground coriander
- 2 T cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 1 ½ T hot sauce
- 1 t fresh lime juice
- Cooking spray
- 4 oz Jack cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaf lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
1 ripe Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, thinly sliced
4 fried eggs
- Preheat Bravo and set to broil at 500°F (TOP only).
- In a bowl, mix chorizo, beef, cumin, coriander, cilantro, garlic, salt, and pepper. Portion into 4- to 6-oz- sized patties. Spray both sides of patties and season with salt and pepper.
Place in enamel baking pan. Insert Probe into one patty. Set Probe to 135°F. Place on cooking rack in position 2. Set to broil at 500°F (TOP only) for 4 min., flip, and cook for an additional 4-5 min until an internal temperature of 135°F is reached, for medium.
- Slide out and top each burger with cheese. Set to broil at 500°F (TOP only) to melt, about 1 min.
- in a bowl, mix mayonnaise, hot sauce, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- If toasting buns, open each and spray insides of halves with cooking spray. Place on cooking rack in position 2 and set to broil for 2 min., TOP only, until golden brown.
- Serve burgers on hamburger buns with spicy mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, and sliced avocado. Top each burger with a fried egg.