Grilled Cajun Gulf Shrimp Assorted Squash Brochette
- 9 16/20-ct Gulf shrimp, peeled, divided
- 4 wood bamboo skewers (soaked in water for at least 15 minutes)
- 3 T Cajun seasoning
- Sea salt to taste
- Cooking spray as needed
- 2 T butter (melted)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 8 zucchini, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 summer squash, cut into 2-inch cubes
Place shrimp and squash into a bowl. Pour melted butter over and toss. Season with 2T Cajun seasoning and salt. Assemble the skewers as follows: shrimp, zucchini, shrimp, summer squash and shrimp.
- Spray grill with cooking spray. Place skewers onto center of grill and cook at 400°F 50/50 for 5-7 minutes. When done shrimp will be opaque (pink).
- Remove shrimp brochettes from oven and place one brochette in center of plate. Lean second brochette in middle of the first. Drizzle with lemon juice and zest. Dust shrimp and plate with remaining Cajun seasoning. Serve.