Frutti di Bosco
- ⅔ C butter, melted
1¼ C sugar
- 8 large eggs, separated
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1 t cinnamon
- ¼ t salt
2½ C flour, sifted
4½ C mixed berries (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries)
- Grease an 11 inch sprignform pan.
- In a mixer, Cream butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add egg yolks, one at a time, and continue mixing until smooth. Add lemon zest and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Fold flour into mixture until blended.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Top with 3 cups of mix berries and press into your mixture.
- Set Bravo to Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes and place Cooking Rack on the lowest position.
- Once finished remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Top with remaining fruit. Serve and enjoy.