- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 5 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 40 to 50 wonton wrappers
- Peanut oil (for deep-frying)
- In a bowl, mix pork, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, scallions and carrots.
- Take one wonton wrapper and place about 1 tablespoon of pork filling on top.
- Wet the edges of the wonton wrapper with some water and fold the edges over to make a triangle. Press down on edges with fingers to seal.
- Repeat to make several.
Heat Wok to 365°F and add enough peanut oil to deep-fry, about 1½ inches deep.
- Deep-fry 5 to 6 wontons at a time until golden brown.
- Drain cooked wontons on a rack or plate lined with paper towel.
Serve wontons with chili sauce or a sweet and sour sauce.