Fried Chicken and Biscuits
1½ pounds bone-in chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, and drumsticks)
⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning or paprika
- 3 teaspoons dried basil or marjoram
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black or white pepper
- 7 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 1 package store-bought biscuits, frozen or refrigerated
- Combine flour and all spices in 4-quart Flavor-Lockers container. Shake to evenly mix ingredients.
- Add canola or vegetable oil to 3.5-quart pot.
Heat over Medium-High (375°F) for 5 minutes, or until toothpick fries.
- Add chicken pieces to seasoned flour, shaking Flavor-Lockers container each time to coat.
- Place biscuits in NuWave Elite on 1-inch rack.
- Place Silicone Baking Ring on rack.
- Place desired amount of biscuits on Baking Ring.
Bake at 300°F.
- Baking times will vary depending on type of biscuit used.
- a. Frozen biscuits bake for 22-25 minutes.
- b. Regular sized refrigerated biscuits bake for 12-15 minutes.
- c. Jumbo sized refrigerated biscuits bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Cook legs and thighs in oil for 12 minutes per side and breasts for 15 minutes per side.
Cook chicken until internal temperature reaches 170°F for breasts, and 180°F for thighs and drumsticks.
- Pat meat dry to help coating stick.
- Throw out paper towels to prevent cross-contamination.
- Be careful not to overcrowd pan. If necessary, cook in two or three batches.
- To test if oil is hot enough, drop in a toothpick. If it starts frying, then the oil is hot.
- Drain on paper towel to remove excess oil (Not shown in video).
- This recipe can be altered to fry 4 pounds of chicken. To do so, double the dry seasoning and increase flour to 3 cups.
- Cut the breasts in half, for a faster cooking time.
- For crispier bottoms on the biscuits, just open the dome and allow biscuits to cool slightly before removing.