1 lb Idaho potatoes, peeled, ½-inch-wide strips
- 1 c water
1 t sea salt, coarse
¼ t baking soda
Peanut oil for frying
- Add water to pressure cooker along with steamer rack.
- Add baking soda, 1t of sea salt, and place potatoes on steamer rack.
- Close and lock lid, set pressure cooker to "potatoes", and adjust time to 2 minutes. Cook potatoes in batches, if needed. While potatoes are cooking, heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat on stovetop.
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and remove potatoes. Add potatoes to hot frying pan with oil and fry until golden brown. Remove from oil and allow to drain on paper towel before serving. Season with salt and pepper.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.