Fish and Chips with Homemade Tartar Sauce
- 2 catfish fillets
- ¼ c tortilla chips (optional) or premade fries
- 4 slices of wholemeal bread
- ¼ c Parmesan cheese
- ¼ t onion powder
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ¼ t sea salt
¼ t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T milk
- ½ c mayonnaise
- 2 T pickles or cornichons, finely minced
- 2 T red onions, finely minced
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T capers
- 1 t grain mustard
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
For Tartar Sauce
Cut fish fillets in half (four pieces total). Season with lemon juice, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper; set aside.
- In a food processor, add bread, tortilla chips, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, and lemon zest. Pulse until a bread crumb consistency is reached. Place in a shallow dish.
In another shallow dish, add egg and milk and beat lightly; set aside.
- Take a piece of fish and wet with egg mixture and then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Set aside.
- Preheat at 360°F for 5 minutes.
- Place breaded fish in Basket. When done, fish will be light brown.
- While cooking, in a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, pickles, red onions, white wine vinegar, capers, grain mustard, sea salt, and fresh ground black pepper. Put in the refrigerator to chill.
- Serve fish warm with chips or tortilla chips (optional) and homemade Tartar sauce.