Filet Medallions and Brussels Sprouts
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) filets, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, cut in half
- ½ cup chicken stock or water
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix together Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Set Skillet to 400ºF and add remaining oil followed by filets and sear 8 minutes per side.
- When you flip the steaks, add in the Brussels sprouts to sear during the 8 minutes.
- Take out filets and set aside.
- Pour in chicken stock with Brussels sprouts and let simmer for 8 minutes.
- Serve with filets.