- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 ounces dried fettuccine
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Very important: let cream and butter sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Drain. Return fettuccine to saucepan.
- In another saucepan bring the butter and cream to a simmer on medium-low heat (175 degrees).
- Small bubbles around edges of pan will form.
- Do not let overheat or sauce will break.
- Stir sauce consistently for 2 minutes.
- Add warm sauce, parmesan cheese and black pepper to fettuccine and coat well. Serve immediately.