Feta, Basil, Sun-Dried Tomato Scones
3 c all-purpose flour
- 2 T baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
2 t sugar
- 1 t salt
8 T butter, unsalted, cold, cut into pieces
1¼ c buttermilk
- 1 c feta cheese, crumbled
¾ c sun-dried tomatoes, well drained, roughly chopped
- ½ c fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
Cut in the butter piece by piece. Using a pastry cutter, cut in butter until it becomes the size of small peas and is well incorporated. Refrigerate for 20-30 min.
Remove flour mixture from the refrigerator and mix in buttermilk, feta cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil. Do not overmix. Dough will be sticky.
Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and roll out to a thickness of 1 inch. Cut scones into triangles. Place onto parchment-lined pans.
- Bake for 12-15 min. or until puffed and browned on top.
- Allow scones to cool on a wire rack 15 min. before serving.