Farro & Wild Mushroom Soup
- 1 c wild mushrooms, dried
- 6 c water
- 3 T extra-virgin olive oil
¾ c pancetta, medium dice
- 3 c onion, small dice
- 2 c carrot, peeled, small dice
- 2 c celery, small dice
- 4 t garlic, minced
¾ c farro, dry
1-½ c Marsala wine
- 2 c cremini mushrooms (quarted)
- 6 c vegetable stock
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 T butter, softened
- 2 T flour
- 4 oz creme fraiche
¼ c parsley, minced (garnish)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
In a large pot, hydrate wild mushrooms in 6c boiling water. Remove from heat and cover. Let sit for 20 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth and reserve liquid. Dice mushrooms; set aside.
Set pressure cooker to "sear", press "start/stop", and add oil. When hot, add pancetta, onions, carrots, and celery. Sauté until vegetables are tender.
- Add garlic and farro. Cook for 2 additional minutes. Add cremini mushrooms and Marsala wine.
- Add re-hydrated mushrooms, 4c reserved liquid, beef stock, and thyme.
- Close and lock lid. Set pressure cooker to "multi grain", adjust time to 25 minutes, and press "start/stop".
- When done, quick release and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- Carefully open lid and check that farro is cooked. If not, close and lock lid, set to "multi grain" and cook an additional 2 minutes. Quick release pressure and make sure all pressure is released before opening lid.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine butter and flour. Mix well and add to pressure cooker. Set pressure cooker to "sear". Stir until butter and flour are melted and soup reaches desired consistency.
- Add creme fraiche and mix well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into serving bowls and top with parsley.