- 2 small eggplants
- Salt to taste
- 4 T extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 T fresh garlic, minced
- 1 c white wine
- 4 summer vine-ripened tomatoes, medium chop
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- 4-8 leaves fresh basil, minced
- 1 T fresh thyme, minced
- 1 T fresh oregano, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ c flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 c breadcrumbs
- ¼ c extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 c fresh mozzarella cheese
- ½ c grated Parmesan cheese
- Slice eggplant into ½ -inch slices. Lightly season eggplant with salt. Let rest in refrigerator for 30 min.
- In the enamel baking pan, combine olive oil, onions, and garlic. Place in Bravo and bake at 350°F for 2 min. until light brown.
- Pull out and add white wine, tomatoes, vinegar, herbs, salt, and pepper. Simmer sauce for 5 min. Transfer to a saucepan and cover. Keep sauce warm. Clean out and dry baking pan.
- Rinse salt off eggplant and pat dry.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs. In a separate bowl, toss olive oil in bread crumbs.
- Dredge eggplant in flour, then eggs, and finally bread crumbs. Make sure slices are completely coated in bread crumbs. Place slices into the enamel baking pan. Place in Bravo and set to bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Cover each eggplant slice with both cheeses. Place in Bravo on cooking rack in position 2 and set to broil for 2 min.
- Pour prepared warm sauce onto platter and top with eggplant slices.