Egg Foo Yung (Cantonese Style)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 6 Chinese mushrooms, sliced
- 2 ounces fresh spinach
½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup bean sprouts
½ cup chopped water chestnuts, drained
- 2 ounces cooked pork, chicken or shrimp
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, freshly chopped
- Pour beaten eggs into a bowl. Add sea salt and add fresh ground black pepper, set aside.
- Heat Wok and add all the vegetables. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add pork (or chicken or shrimp) and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add mushrooms, spinach, bean sprouts, and chestnuts.
- Once cooked, pour eggs from bowl into Wok and cook, flipping occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Remove and cut into desired sizes.
- Drizzle with rice wine and garnish with cilantro sprigs.