- 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar Topping Ingredients
- In a bowl, mix together butter and sugar until crumbly. Add egg yolk to bowl and stir until combined, set aside. In separate bowl, mix together baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour and sour cream to dry ingredients, alternating in small batches, and mix until combined. Slowly pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix until dough forms. Lightly flour a flat surface for rolling out the dough.
- Roll dough on surface into ½-inch thick sheet and cut out circles and inside each circle cut a small circle to create a doughnut.
- Press Pre-Heat and set at 350°F for 8 minutes. Using melted butter, brush both sides of doughnuts.
- Once preheated, place doughnuts on the Reversible Rack and place rack in NuWave Brio Basket. Air fry doughnuts for 8 minutes. While doughnuts cook, combine sugar and cinnamon in a bowl to create cinnamon sugar topping.
- Remove doughnuts from NuWave Brio and brush with additional melted butter and dip into cinnamon sugar and enjoy.