Devils on Horseback
- 40 dates, pitted, left whole
- ½ c blue cheese, crumbled
- 20 slices bacon, each cut in half
- Chives, thinly sliced (for garnish)
- Hoisin sauce, for dipping (optional)
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Split dates in half lengthwise and open the date. Add 1t of blue cheese to the middle of each date and close the date around the cheese.
- Lay a piece of bacon out on a flat surface and place the date at one end of the bacon. Roll up the date, wrapping the bacon around the date. Periodically stretch the bacon slightly to ensure a tight wrap around the date.Repeat for each date.
- Place dates in the air fryer basket, seam-side down, cooking in batches, if necessary. Set the fryer to 10 minutes.
- When done, remove the basket. The bacon should be brown and crispy and the cheese should be melting and slightly oozing from each date.
- Plate the dates with Hoisin sauce or sauce of choice. Garnish with chives and enjoy.