Crunchy Cinnamon French Toast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal
- 4 slices Texas toast
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
Whisk together eggs, milk, salt, cinnamon and vanilla in shallow bowl; set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, crush cereal and set aside.
- Dip bread slices in egg mixture and then coat in cereal crumbs.
- Heat safflower oil in medium pan at 320°F.
- Add bread slices to pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side, until brown.
- Top with powdered sugar and fruit and serve with warm maple syrup (optional).